TrustCentral’s patented technology enables authenticated, secure device-to-device communication and collaboration. It can solve challenging use cases in hostile environments: oil & gas, smart grid, IIoT, smart cities, military, etc. Also, many device operators have legacy devices in the field they can’t secure. TrustCentral allows for legacy devices to be secured with minimal IT management, thus significantly reducing an operator’s cybersecurity risk. In many cases, devices need to be able to communicate with other endpoints. TrustCentral can ensure that each device is only communicating with other authorized endpoints. Additionally, it can help bootstrap trust in devices by obviating the need for significant manual management.
TrustCentral’s technology expands on state-of-the-art “2-Dimensional IoT” (cloud-to-device) by introducing “3-Dimensional IoT”(adding a device-to-device approach). This is needed when: devices must operate semi-autonomously in hostile environments; devices must keep themselves and their data secure; devices must demonstrate trustworthiness and maintain a measurable reputation for themselves and their data. 3-Dimensional IoT IP originated from a concept of Dr. David Kravitz: “let’s use PKI in a different way so that endpoints can authenticate and securely communicate with each other”.
DEVICE AND DATA TRUSTWORTHINESS
Devices need to be trustworthy. Management needs to be able to trust the data from authenticated devices. When considering the trustworthiness of data from a device, management should be confident that the device has not been communicating with unknown or unauthorized endpoints. The reputation of devices and their data (based on their performance) is important. The protection of devices and their interaction with other endpoints is vital. TrustCentral’s technology solves these challenges.
DEVICE-TO-DEVICE CONNECTIONS AND COLLABORATION ARE FUNDAMENTAL
3-Dimensional IoT is:
- Vital for IoT devices operating in hostile environments
- Necessary for collaboration between IoT devices when they are supporting sophisticated use cases
- An IoT technology that can solve challenging problems
EXAMPLE USE CASES:
- Oil & Gas need to penetrate IT/OT isolation barrier to deliver artificial intelligence and machine learning data from cloud securely to devices in the field
- Securing designated legacy devices within an OT space into secure zones
- Securing authenticated Vendor Access to only those devices for which a vendor is responsible
- Securing legacy, insecure devices that provide valuable services in a hostile environment
- Protecting devices from DDOS attacks
- Enhancing Blockchain (which provides immutability but not correctness): “Trusted transactions require trusted provenance”
- Reputation scoring of both devices and humans utilizing devices
A SOLUTION THAT WILL SCALE
Critically important for the IoT is that TrustCentral’s solution (built on a foundation of PKI) will not only provide IoT devices with tools to help them keep themselves secure, but will also scale.