The world of the Internet of Things (IoT) offers wonderful opportunities. The concept of “everything can talk to everything” opens up many productive opportunities. However, the concept of “everything can talk to everything” is also an enemy of both device and data, trust and security.
Devices need to be trustworthy. Management needs to be able to trust the data from known devices. When considering the trustworthiness of data from a device, it should be knowable if that device has been communicating with unknown or unauthorized endpoints. The reputation of devices and their data based on their performance is important. The protection of devices and their interaction with other endpoints is vital.
TrustCentral is offering a technology that will provide specific benefits in these areas. The specific solutions described on this site are developed using tools from TrustCentral’s patented Building Blocks. TrustCentral’s technology is being offered through an API with its Attribute Authority and device endpoint software component. Through the creative application of these building blocks, the customers of TrustCentral (e.g., systems integrators, large enterprises, governments, hardware manufactures, etc.) may develop and offer solutions such as these use case examples:
- Capability to deliver artificial intelligence and machine learning sourced instructions to devices into protected, secured areas to enhance operations
- Securing designated legacy devices within an OT space into secure zones
- Securing authenticated Vendor Access to only those devices for which a vendor is responsible
- Securing legacy, insecure devices that provide valuable services in a hostile environment
- Protecting devices from DDOS attacks
- Enhancing Blockchain (which provides immutability but not correctness): “Trusted transactions require trusted provenance”
Reputation scoring of both devices and humans utilizing devices
A SOLUTION THAT WILL SCALE AND SUPPORT IOT DEVICES TO KEEP THEMSELVES SECURE
Critically important for the IoT is that TrustCentral’s solution (by being built on PKI) will scale.
TrustCentral’s Security Ecosystem has been designed by the highly-respected Dr. David W. Kravitz. Among Dr. Kravitz’s many impressive accomplishments is the invention of the Digital Signature Algorithm – DSA. TrustCentral’s first nine patents have been issued (with multiple patents-pending).